Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home Tour--Bathroom Edition

This week we'll be touring our bathrooms!  I've been kinda looking forward to this post in particular because I ordered a new shower curtain, rug, and valance just recently and have been wanting to show it off!  In case you haven't stopped by Natalie's blog at Extraordinary Love, I recommend you head over..she's got a great blog and I enjoy reading her posts often!! 

I'll start with the master bathroom at our place.  I'm so happy to have 2 bathrooms in our home..in the rental house we lived in for about 8 years previously, we only had one bathroom and it was SO TINY!  Granted, ours here isn't a huge luxury suite, but it sure does feel like it compared to the old one!!  The one thing I'd like to change in this room is the flooring!  Its nice wood floors granted, but they are the lightest of the light..and well since I'm a gal with long brown hair and my furbaby has mostly black hair..you can imagine it never looks clean in there no matter how many times I mop and sweep!  Any ideas for an affordable alternative?  The bath set I purchased for the summer months was, you guessed it, americana!  I sure hope yall aren't getting tired of my love of americana..I promise any other time of the year I go with different themes (you should see my house for Christmas..hey Natalie..christmas home tours in the future, perhaps?).  But anyhow..this is my new shower curtain....


The mirror above the sink and tiny window w/new valance...


Other corner of the bathroom...


My removeable "wall art"..I just love this!!  Its above our bathtub...


And the bath rug in front of the sink..


Now onto the 2nd bathroom of the house..I must say I'm rather proud of this room because several months back, we sort of did a small remodel in here!  Painted the walls, the cabinets, and I (yes..ME!!) laid down some peel and stick tile over the exisiting dingy, white, gross linoleum that was in there.  The paint went over white floral bathroom paneling (YUCK!) and though I don't feel pictures does this room justice at all..I still smile each time I walk into this bathroom because I know how it used to look!  I just wished I had took "before" pictures..of course I think I would have been too embarrassed for anyone to have seen..it was terrible!  Couple things we've thought about doing sometime in the future (when money allows) would be to replace the sink top and toliet with newer ones that would match better with the new theme..and possibly rip out the HUGE corner shower unit that literally takes up half the bathroom..which its a pretty small bathroom to start with.  It would open up the room alot and would be neat to put one of those decorative ladders in there or something practical like a small storage cabinet for linens.  Anyways enough of me rambling!  Onto the bathroom..which btw..this is Damon's bathroom..and its themed in bears which is fitting since my nickname for him is Bear!!

As you walk in this is how it looks...

Cute little "tree-like" towel holder and bear picture...


Another cute bear picture...


Close up of the cabinet I painted...


The sink area...


sig.png

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Christmas decor posts will be a MUST! I'll definitely put a linky up for it. I love Christmas : )
    The bathtub wall art is adorable : )
    And the painted cabinet looks fabulous!
    Thanks for joining the tour this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cute Mel! Love the vinyl art-just put my very first bit of it up this week. Also love the tree branch towel holder. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!