Wednesday, March 4, 2015


For the past month, that pretty much sums it up.  It has been nothing but pure chaos around here since the end of January.

The one thing I can say positively about it all is that I know my God is real.  He has been with me and my family through all the things we have dealt with.

We started with some horrible circumstances our church dealt with.  Totally heartbreaking and made me realize sometimes you really don't know people you think you do.  If you wish to know more, please fill free to email me..we still desire a LOT of prayers in this area.

Then on Valentine's day, a day Damon finally had off of work, we went out shopping.  Only to get stuck in a freak ice storm, having to cut our trip out that day way short and try to manage to get home in one piece.  PRAISE be to God, we got home safely. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get home from what is usually a 50-60 minute car ride.

The next day, I made a mad dash to the nearest store which is half an hour away, to get the groceries I wasn't able to pick up the day before.  As soon as I walked in the door and got everything unloaded, we got a phone call.  Nobody had seen Damon's mother that day and she wasn't answering her phone.  Damon rushed to her house, had to have a neighbor call the fire department to get in her house since she had it latched from the inside.  He found her on the floor, she had a stroke.  Still alive, but not in good shape.  The next few days were a blur, as we had to have her transferred to a hospital 1 1/2 hours from us and we were hit with the biggest snowstorm of the season.  Wednesday night, I got the dreaded phone call.  She had passed.

For the next two hours, I had to think, how do I tell my husband his mother is gone?  I prayed.  I cried.  I leaned totally on God.  It felt like ten years went by before he got home.  It was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.

He took the rest of the week off work.  We made funeral arrangements and had a very helpful neighbor plow our driveway so we could get in and out from all the snow we received.  We also had water issues this whole time from the extreme cold temperatues.  As if that wasn't enough to deal with, the day before the funeral, we had a dispute about where she was supposed to be buried.  A family cemetery, and we were told her husband (Damon's dad) was buried on the wrong "side" and she couldn't be buried next to him.  They forbade it, in fact.  So, we had her buried next to her sister, and will have her husband moved to be next to her come this spring.

A couple days after the funeral, I took myself and Makayla out for a day to unwind from everything.  Coming home, we made a potty stop at a local restaurant and I got another scare.  Makayla screamed at me that it hurt when she was trying to pee.  She had never done this before and I freaked.  The next day I took her to the doctor to be checked and a couple days later all her labs came back normal, praise God again.
She is totally fine..had developed a little bump in that "area" that didn't show up until a couple days later.

Friends, when I say life has been challenging lately, as you can tell from reading this post, I'm not lying.  I wanted to explain all of this so you would know why I haven't blogged in over a month.  One thing that hasn't changed, is my faith and belief in God. He has been with us through everything.  I have been mentally exhausted from everything and it might be a while until I get totally back into the swing of things.  In the meantime, any and all emails are welcome as are prayers!!!!  I love my readers and have made so many great friendships through blogging.  I hope to be back in full swing to all who have read this very long post!!


1 comment:

  1. OH, I'm sorry, Melanie, you have had so much to deal with! I am so sorry to hear about your Mother-In-Law. Praying for you guys!


I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!