Friday, January 18, 2019

Low Carbin’

I started a low carb diet at, ironically, a low point in my life last year.  Damon had an injury at work, which thankfully wasn’t as bad as it could have been.  Ravey passed away, leaving a huge void.  Makayla was struggling in school.  Our church fell apart.

It seemed like everything that could go wrong, did.  Things we thought would last forever, didn’t.

It was a mess, and so was I.

I was already very overweight, but with all we endured during that very short span (probably 3 weeks) I turned to food.  And it wasn’t pretty.

I packed on an additional 20 pounds.  When I went to the doctor for my yearly visit, I cringed when I saw the numbers that looked back at me.  We had went on a little day trip 2 days prior.  The picture Damon took of me and Makayla summed it up.  I had definitely let myself go.


Makayla had a tudor during this and told me she had done the low carb (aka Adkins) diet and had lost and kept off 50 pounds.  I brushed it off when she’d mention it.  “Oh gosh give up potatoes, pasta, and  
sweets?!...I could never do that!”  

Until the day I went to the doctor and saw those numbers.  Those numbers.  Something crept up inside of me and I knew something had to give.  I have so much to live for.  Lord I don’t want to die young and leave my daughter without a mother.  

So I dove in head first.  Every time Makayla went to see her tudor I’d ask her for advice.  I scoured Pinterest and Facebook for recipes.  For support.  For motivation.  

And you know what, I found it!!  Before long I was posting before and after pictures.  Not to show everyone “hey look at me”, but honestly the first one I posted I did out of curiosity if I could see a difference.  

Before long, I had people wondering what I was doing to lose weight.  People were coming to ME for weight loss advice!  Ha!  Never did I ever think that would happen!  No, not me.  

I’m not saying I’m a pro at weight loss, or have bad days, or anything.  I’m saying, this is what’s working for me.  Some call it an unhealthy way of eating.  Everyone is going to have their opinion.  All I know is I am currently down 52 pounds since the end of April of 2018, my bloodwork is spot on perfect, and I no longer have to take anti-inflammatory medication for my foot problems.  

I have lots of low carb recipes that are my go-to’s..is anyone interested in knowing more of the way me and my family eats?  If so, I could start posting some of our favorites!  Please let me know!  And I’ll leave you with my latest picture for a boost of inspiration that you can do it too!



1 comment:

  1. I would love to have some of your recipes!! I low carb dieted for about a month and a half..then the holidays came along and I fell flat on my face!! I've GOT to get back on track! Thanks.. Mandy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!