Sunday, January 27, 2019

Low Carb Dishes-Dinner ideas!

I’m so glad y’all enjoyed my last post about how I’ve dropped 50+ pounds following a low carb (Keto) lifestyle.  I really try not to call it a diet, basically because I have no intentions of going off of it, like the trend is with “dieting”.  I’m in this for the long haul!

I’ve made a lot of old standbys for our dinners with some modifications to make it low carb, as well as tried a lot of new recipes that are now on our low carb “roster” when it comes to menu planning.

I will stress this the most.  If you really want to stick to this lifestyle, you need to plan ahead.  Plan ahead your meals.  Plan for snacks.  Plan, plan, plan!  Where I live, Walmart is an hour drive away.  So if I run out of certain items, it’s not like I can hop in the car and have it 10 minutes later!   Some of the things I like to have on hand are:


  • Almond flour
  • Coconut flour
  • A sugar substitute like Monkfruit or Swerve
  • Pork rinds
  • Cheese
  • Pepperoni
As I said in the beginning, there are some old standby recipes I tweaked to make them low carb.  
  • For chili: substitute the beans with extra meat or extra veggies!  I use onion and celery in mine.
  • For a dish with rice: try cauliflower rice!
  • Potatoes?: try a bag of frozen cauliflower, especially in a soup dish
  • Side dish: take away the starch and double up on veggies.  Don’t forget the cheese! Or bacon!
  • Craving bread?: there are low carb options for bread out there now. Check out the mission tortillas that are carb conscious 
  • Use lettuce in place of a bun! 

I have found many new recipes on Pinterest as well that are staples in our menu rotation.  Pizza casserole is amazing and great for a quick meal as is egg roll in a bowl.  Both are packed with so much flavor you won’t feel like your missing a thing!  I just discovered a recipe for a Cheeseburger casserole that was so amazing and simple!  



I also love Italian sausage stuffed portabella mushrooms!  That is one of my all time favorites and I believe what I made for my birthday dinner last month!  A summer favorite is Big Mac salad!  It is delish and makes enough for a crowd!  You can also make a fat head pizza crust if you feel like you need a crust for pizza.  It’s a very versatile recipe in which you can use the dough for not just pizza, but cinnamon rolls, bagels, or breadsticks!

I hope you have enjoyed learning about some of our new favorite dishes!  Next post I will have some sweet treats in store for you..yes..you can satisfy your sweet tooth while on a low carb diet!  Again, modifications but I promise you won’t feel like your missing a thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!