Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Breastfeeding Bliss

I'll be sure to do a post with some 'newer' pictures here soon..but for now you guys will have to settle for one without!  Last night I was reading a book a friend sent to me shortly before I had Makayla on New Moms.  I read one story about how much this one particular mom enjoyed breastfeeding, particular the  middle of the night feedings.  She said that the time she had with her baby then was the one time where her baby was not fidgety (the baby was at the stage of crawling, etc, and was becoming more independent) and she was able to soak up every minute of that closeness.  So last night when Makayla awoke me around 3am to be fed, I thought about all the milestones that lay ahead of her (crawling, walking, talking, etc) and thought I need to enjoy this time as well.  Not that I hadn't before, but waking up in the middle of the night to a hungry baby is something new to get used to for a new mom.  Anyways, as I held Makayla close to me and she got the nourishment she needed from me, I just soaked it all in.  I don't want to brag by any means, but breastfeeing for us has went remarkably well.  Sure, we've had our times where it was a little rough and she's had her fussy fits, but overall, I really can't complain.  Prayer has alot to do with it, I'm sure.  I prayed for a while before she was born that it would go well for us.  But as I held her close after she was done feeding, I was in a total state of bliss.  I could smell that fresh baby smell in her hair.  She drifted off to sleep within minutes.  I found myself not wanting to put her back in her bassinet, though I did after a while.  After all, they are only little once.  And I wanted to soak in precious moments like this because I know it won't be long before she doesn't need me as much as she does now. 

Have I mentioned how much I love being a mom??

sig.png

3 comments:

  1. I love this Melanie...a great challenge and encouragement to me to be praying about all the little details right now! I too want to savor every moment. I am so thankful it is going well for you - Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I really like this post. As stressful as breastfeeding can be, I actually really enjoy it and Liam seems to as well. It's not always the most convenient when you feel like you have a million things to do, but I like that it makes you stop and spend that time just you and baby :) Yay breastfeeding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Love it. It's that oxytocin I was talking about! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!