Thursday, August 15, 2013

The "why's" in life

Do you ever go through life and ask, "Why?", sometimes?   I know I do.  I know too, however, that some things we just aren't meant to understand while we are still here on earth.  Only God knows the why to each situation. 

The "why's" I've been asking myself here lately..or been thinking upon...

  • Why do bad things/situations happen to good people?
  • Why am I dealing with this stressful situation?
  • Why do people have to make decisions that are so difficult?
  • Why can't things just work out for the best?
  • Why can't I just be happy?
Especially the last one, I feel that is one that is all me.  Meaning, only I can make myself happy.  Situations around me affect me, sure.  That's only human nature.  But at the end of the day, I control my thoughts.  If Satan attacks my mind, it is my responsibility to go to God in prayer about it. 

I don't have anyone to blame, but myself.

 
 

So as I've tried sorting through the why's in my life here lately, I've come to a realization....

I'm giving it all to God.
 
 
Sure, it's easier said than done but it's what has to be done.  It's not meant for me to rationalize over.  If your a prayer warrior reading this, I ask that you remember me and my family in your prayers.  We've had a semi-difficult week.  We're drained both physically and especially, mentally. 
 
Thank you!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Melanie! I like what you said about only you can make the decision to be happy. I listen to Dennis Prager sometimes, and he does a "happiness hour" each week (Fridays I think?), and that's one of his major points - that outside things can't make you happy or unhappy, it's an inner decision. Praying for things to work out soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!