Friday, September 19, 2014

Bedroom 'makeovers'

Damon and I were talking about our bedroom about a week or so ago and feeling like it was time for a change.  We had our bedroom the same setup as when we first moved in.

Problem was, I felt it was the only way our furniture could really be arranged, given the space and the cable for the tv location as well.

We decided that since we never even really watch tv in our bedroom, we might as well take the set and stand out.  Just wasted space.  I couldn't have agreed more. 

Since Makayla loves her Frozen and cartoons and hogs the living room tv most of the time, we figured it would be better if we gave her a tv in her room.  After all, she can still watch her educational dvd's in there too!  So a tv she got, only it wasn't our big one from our bedroom (a 25 inch monster..no flat screen here folks!).  We gave her our old 13 inch tv we kept from our previous home.  The one I used as my kitchen tv.

Yes, kitchen tv.  And I loved having a kitchen tv guys!!  I could watch cooking shows while cooking!  How fun is that?! 


She loves her new addition to her room!!  And we love how our bedroom feels now!  So cozy!  The one thing I disliked the most about our setup before we rearranged everything was that I didn't like the bed to face the doorway.  Yuck.  I'm a light sleeper and when Makayla or Ravey would come in our room at night and open the door, the light from the rest of the house seeped in, waking me up.  Let's face it, if your the parent of a toddler, sleep is golden!  Since we've moved the bed and dresser (sorry, I forgot to take 'before' pictures!!), I feel like I get more quality sleep.  Score!  Plus our room feels so much bigger with out the tv in there.  Double score!



 
 
And what's even more exciting is we are about to update the extra bedroom at our place!!  So excited beyond words! And this time I'll be sure to take before pictures!  ;-)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I love your motivation to get things done - rub some of that off on MEEEE! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!