Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas Recap

I've been a total slacker with this blog..again for the millionth time..I'm so sorry!!  I hope I can do better in the new year!

Which I never got around to posting about our Christmas!  It was great.  Makayla was just really into everything Christmas.  Baby Jesus, opening presents, listening to the story of Christ's birth.  You name it, she loved it!  I think this was really her first 'big' year of really getting into the Christmas spirit and realizing what its all about! 


I'll do a post over on the other blog all about her (if you didn't know, I made another blog just about Makayla and if you'd like to follow it just let me know!) with tons of pictures.  But our Christmas consisted of having Christmas Eve at our house with my parents for the first 'half'.  We opened presents from them (and vise versa) and I had a big appetizer spread which I LOVE doing every year!  This year we had shrimp chimichungas, coconut shrimp with mango salsa, bbq little smokies, cheesy crab and artichoke dip, chips and dip, peanut butter balls, cookies, and cinnamon pecans!  It was quite the spread!  Some of the things were new (the chimichungas and the crab dip) and were kind of big fails..but the only way you find out is if you try it out right?!  Better luck next year!  Ha!

After they left (with a huge wind storm that blew through right at the same time, it was scary!  Thankfully nothing was damaged/no power outages/etc.), we read the story of Christ's birth from the Bible.  This is a new tradition we started after we had Makayla and I just love it.  We stress to her why we celebrate Christmas and what its all about and I do believe she understands already! 



After we did our reading, we started opening the gifts!  I mostly got shots of paper flying and blurry pictures..haha!  But that's all apart of the fun, right?  We had a great time!  Damon's favorite gift was his new large print Scolfield Study Bible and mine was, well, I had a lot to be honest!  Makayla's was probably all her new Frozen stuff.  You know the girl loves all things Frozen!

 
Damon and his bible!

 
New purse, yay!


 
A new tracfone!
 
 
Christmas Day, we opened up our stockings and then headed to my parent's house for dinner.  Afterwards we went to visit Damon's mom for a bit before coming home and recouperating from the past couple days activities! 
 
 


Looking forward to Christmas 2015 already!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!