Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"Courage to Change" by Elizabeth Maddrey book review

I recently read the book "Courage to Change" by Elizabeth Maddrey and have to say that it exceeded my expectations!  I figured it would be a mediocre love story type of book (which was fine with me..I was looking for a good Christian love story!), but I found myself really drawn into the characters and story line! 

Allison Vasak is a Christian woman who is in search of love and her fellow attorney co-worker, Phil Reid, is well..afraid to love again.  He went through quite the divorce and continues to have problems with his now ex-wife.  I love how the author works into the story line what the Bible says about love and marriage (even though specific scriptures weren't mentioned..it didn't need to be in this type of book) and how the characters follow God's direction in their lives, both in love and in daily living.  You don't come across many books nowadays where the author truely keeps the main focus on Godly living. 

There are a lot of twists and turns in this book so I'm afraid to mention a whole lot about the many characters involved, but it definately is a must read!  I found this book an easy read, hard to put down, and very enjoyable and HOPE that the author maybe will do a sequel in the future?!  Here's to hoping!!

I read this book courtesy of the author through Bookcrash in exchange for a review.  These are my honest opinions.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!