Way before Christmas, I decided that we needed new 'winter' bedding. I change out my bedding (quilt/comforter/etc) every season. Our winter quilt was old. I'm talking..I bought it when we first got married 12 years ago old! So I did some searching online for something a little different and came across some gray and red bedding that I LOVED.
But I didn't like the $500 plus price tag that went with it.
So I went a different route. One that involved buying some stuff here and some there and making some myself. Here is the rundown...
- The comforter I got on sale at Kmart for less than $20 (I can't remember exactly how much it was now).
- I bought one gray curtain panel at Walmart for $9.98.
- The bed skirt was probably the most expensive, being bought at Target, not on sale for around $27.
- The throw at the foot of the bed, also Target, and $24.99.
- The pillows I made! 2 red shams and 3 big throw pillows. The middle gray sweater pillow was made out of a gray sweater I bought at a consignment sale for $7! It sure beats paying at least $25 at Home Goods for the cheapest sweater pillow I could find before resorting to being homemade!
So I guess I spent somewhere around $85-100 for everything. Not bad!