Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Because sometimes a mom needs a break

Let's face it, mom's get tired.

No matter how well behaved (or not) your kids are, being a mom is a tiring job.  It requires your FULL attention, 24/7, regardless if your sick, tired, depressed, anxious, sad, or anything else.  It's not like a 9-5 job where you leave it all at the "office".


I feel fortunate that my child is well behaved.  She does as she's told but she also knows how to make a mess really quick (as seen above).  Sometimes this makes me stressed, frazzled, and aggravated.  Trying to do everything I need to get done in a day's time (and no..I don't expect or strive to keep my house "perfect"..but I do like to keep it clean!) sometimes it's just nice to have a break.

Yesterday, I got a break.  For the first time in 3 1/2 years, she went to her grandparents house for a short amount of time.  Without me.  I didn't ask for her to go up there, it was offered.

I'm not saying I don't love my child.  Anyone who knows me knows the love I have for my child is beyond words. I will go to the ends of the earth and beyond to do what I can for her, to protect her and keep her safe.  And not only that, but I do love being with her all the time.

But sometimes, a mom just needs a break.  Even though she is good..I still need time for myself.  Every mom does.  Time to meditate, time to unwind, time to close my eyes for one second and not having that little voice say "WAKE UP MOMMY, WAKE UP!!".

It was nice.  And I hope it happens again.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!