Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Heaven on Earth

Thats what we'd like to think of when we think of Amish Country!  Its definately our special place for many, many reasons.  We feel so fortunate to have made the wonderful friends that we have there..explored special places..and have SO many wonderful memories that have been made.

I'm so thankful we were able to visit for a couple days last week.  It was a much needed little R&R amidst all that we've gone through in the past..well 7 months really.  Our little family seems happy 99.9% of the time when I talk about us..but the fact is we've faced some extremely rough roads over the past several months that I've not indulged in (and probably won't for privacy purposes).  To say we needed to get away was an understatement!!  We had a wonderful time....here are a few things we did..along with pictures!!

Stayed at 'our' cabin..we LOVE this place for so many reasons..but its just perfect for us!!






Makayla did GREAT..especially if you remember the last time we were in AC she was 5 WEEKS OLD!  I don't know how we managed to do that (especially since I was recovering still yet from my c-section).  She slept well..behaved well most of the time..and LOVED eating out in the restaurants and making friends with everyone!  Yes..she's the baby you'll see turned around in her high chair trying to get someone's attention so she can make a new friend.  Damon says she's going to be a politician..I sure hope not!  LOL!


We met up with our Amish friends and spent an evening at their beautiful home.  Their youngest daughter is due to get married next week..she seemed really excited!  I even bought her a little gift..some decorative measuring teaspoons and tablespoons..she loved it!  And I have a matching set (what can I say..they were so cute I wanted some too!)!



Ate some AMAZING food.  As always!  Hello buckeye sundae!


Went yard saleing.  I came back with so much stuff just from yard sales!  Makayla has more clothes (some stuff was brand new..like a pair of white jeans from Baby Gap!) and more toys!  I found a set of Noah's Ark blocks for 1.50!  I also came back with a boatload of flowers.  The Amish like to divide up their periennals and sell them..so I ended up coming back with a lilac bush, amaryllis, lillies, hydrangea, and lambs ear..to name a few!


Overall it was a trip well worth it.  We came back relaxed, renewed, and thankful to God for all the blessings in our lives.  Isn't that what a vacation is suppost to do?  :-D


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great trip! Makayla is so cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!