Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Projects

Seems like the summer months is definately when a lot of 'projects' always seem to pop up on everyones 'to-do' lists.  We're definately no exception around here!  There are a few little things I've been doing (and the hubby!) and making lately..and a few still on the list....


This is the 'homemade' grill Damon has been working on for the past couple of weeks!  I gotta say..being made out of just some leftover cinder blocks and some morter mix (with liquid coloring added to jazz it up a bit)..it was a great and inexpensive project!!  I'd say the total cost was probably around $20-25 since we already had the blocks!  Great job, hon!

 
I bought this paint a couple weeks ago for my kitchen.  Yup..the paint bug has never left me.  This was on my list of 'next project to complete' and I figured if I went ahead and got the paint..I was one step into the process!  We chose a dark gray..I really can't wait to get to it..but the only problem is its just been soooo humid here lately..I fear that if I tried painting now it wouldn't adhere very well (you know what they say about painting in humid weather)..so until the weather cools off some..this project is on hold....

 
Cute, no?  The girl definately makes the dress!  I bought this fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby (LOVE!!)..I think I paid $3 or $4 for it..and I love, love, love that print!!  Its the great kind where all you have to do is measure, cut, and sew up the seam! Easy peasy..but still homemade!  ;-)
 
 
I also refinished a diaper box (yes, you read right!) recently.  Sorry..I totally forgot to take a picture of it!!  But I saw the idea on pinterest (where else?) and thought it was a great idea.  I'll do another post on it..because I still plan on making another (I have the supplies, just need to get to it!).  The one I already made is in our living room housing some of Makayla's books and toys. 
 
 
What summer projects have you been doing lately?


Photobucket

1 comment:

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!