Monday, August 25, 2014

Enjoying life

Life here lately has been pretty good.  Not much going on..just loving life and looking forward to fall weather (and decorations)!  There are still things I'd like to do before the cooler temps come on full force, like can some salsa with the tomatoes I put in the freezer from my garden, also can some of my fabulous homemade blueberry jam, and do a few painting projects around the house.  Oh and did I mention we are thinking of "finishing" our front porch?  That is, put up railing, new beams, and a gate.  It'll be GREAT to decorate come Christmas time!!

Here are a few things I've been enjoying...

New makeup!  I splurged at Ulta and bought some new mascara, blush, and lip gloss.  It didn't break the bank by any means but makeup is usually something I don't spend much on.  I will tell you it was all worth it, especially the "They're real" mascara!




I got an awesome coupon in the mail recently for a free pair of jeans at Lane Bryant.  FREE!!  The only catch?   You had to buy something else in the store.  But it could be anything.  So I bought a pair of earrings!  You can always use more earrings.


And I have also been painting my nails again.   Or was.  As I'm typing this post my nails are back to being bare.  When I was processing all the tomatoes from the garden my nails got stained pretty bad.  So I painted them.  But I will say, don't buy any of this polish.  


See my nails in the picture above?  I took that about 24 hours after applying it.  And, I wasn't home that day, I was out shopping with the family.  Which means my hands weren't in water doing dishes and the like all day like they are when I'm at home all day.  Not good.  I do much better with Sally Hanson Xtreme wear.

And lastly, I've been enjoying Makayla in her totally obsessed Frozen stage.  We watch it every day.  She's got all kinds of Frozen stuff too.  And she sings all the songs.  All the time.

Do you want to build a snowman?  In summer?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know that you won my book giveaway that you entered a while back. Do you mind sending me your contact info? Thanks! mrssouthernbride(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!