Thursday, October 13, 2011

Missing You Today

Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I started thinking about my grandpa.  He passed away back in 1998..back when I was in college.  It seems longer than the 13 years that he's actually been gone.  There are so many things he never got to see.  I wish I could turn back time and he could see all the great-grand children thats been born since he's passed.  The marriages thats taken place.  The memories that have been made.  I wish he could have met Damon (they would have gotten along GREAT!).  I would have loved to of seen his reaction the first time he laid eyes on Makayla. 

I have been remembering lately some of the 'little' things he used to do too.  Like how he'd watch me drink a glass of milk with breakfast and smile..knowing I was drinking something that was good for me.  Or how he'd grab my hand..for no reason..and rub it and look at it so intently..like it was the first time he'd ever seen it before.  It was like he was taking in everything as much as he possibly could.  He'd look at me and wouldn't have to say the words "I Love You"..it was in his eyes.  I wonder what nicknames he would have given to the great grandkids he never got to meet.  He had a way of coming up with some crazy nickname for each kid.  For me, it was "Ho-Ho"..simply because I was born in december.  Anytime I come across something that says ho-ho-ho..I always think of him. 

No doubt he would have loved to of seen the husbands and wives, the mothers and fathers, all his grandchildren have become.  My comfort is knowing he watches over all of us..and that one day..we'll be reunited......


sig.png

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to what you are saying melanie. There are times I think about my grandpa too who has passed away and wonder how he would of reacted to the great grandkids he never got to see... especially abby and abe..I wonder what he would think of me now as well... the one memory I have vividly is of my grandpa sitting reading the paper glasses down on his nose and smiling and after that he would cook his famous eggs. He also at one point in my life told me that being me was a wonderful thing..that always stuck with me even until this day.I miss him but know that one day we 'll see each other again
    in heaven. Just like I know you will see your grandpa again in heaven one day too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!