Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Thanksgiving!

Last week was not only Thanksgiving, but also Damon's birthday!!!  He got to celebrate his bday on turkey day this year (it happens on occassion!)..I'd say he's pretty lucky but I think he'd digress!  I think most people don't like having their birthdays near a holiday...especially a major one like Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Being born in the middle of December myself, I can relate.  I always said if I ever had a child, I'd try my best to plan my pregnancy to not fall in December especially!!!  But anyways..thats a whole other post....


(He couldn't wait to blow out his candles..blew them out at midnight when he got in from work!)

(Loved his cake..I didn't make it..we always order his from the same bakery we got our wedding cake at!)

(My birthday boy!)

For Thanksgiving, I made an apple crumb pie (my usual) and brought mashed potatoes.  We always have Thanksgiving at my parent's house.  I'd love to do it at our place sometime..but my mom insists on tradition and having it at their place..so I don't argue!  We had a good time and enjoyed good food as usual!

(Not the greatest picture, but my apple crumb pie right out of the oven the night before!)


(Watching the Macy's Parade!)

(The Macy's Parade..last year!)

(My Parents!)


(Our little family!)

We had a great time celebrating this year..hope you enjoyed the pictures!  So hard to believe how much Makayla has grown since this time last year!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your HUBBY! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of him and your sweet girl watching the parade.. I can't believe how much she's grown in a year!!!

    I understand about having a BDay near a holiday.. mine isn't really a "holiday".. but it's the day after Valentines Day.. and I get shafted sometimes..haha!

    I hope you're having a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!