Monday, May 19, 2014

Looking Forward

I know I was MIA for a little while, but I am back for now!  Let me explain a bit...

We've had a rough month.  I will say however, we are very blessed and I'm not complaining here, just explaining what we've been through.

We had 2 deaths in Damon's family in the same week.  A coal mine that Damon worked at in the past (a few years ago) had 2 fatalities one night last week.  My cousin's husband works there now, and the night the news broke I was afraid he could have been involved.  Thankfully, he works a different shift than what I thought.  I had neck and eye problems (on separate occasions) over the past month.  Our cat Ravey had a bout with worms.  And of course, about a month ago we had the forest fires behind our home and Damon's mines being on a 60 day warning (impending layoffs..we just don't know how many).

My stress levels have been high.  But my faith is higher.  I realize all the problems I've dealt with are nothing in comparison to what some people are going through right this very minute. 

I'm looking ahead, and trying to get my stress under control.  Giving it to God is the first key step and one I have been doing.  Prayers for me?  I would appreciate them much at this point!

I have so much to look forward to this week.  My little girl is turning 3..THREE!!  Where does the time go?  I am beyond blessed to have her.  The fact that God chose me to be her momma blesses my heart with so much joy it feels like it could burst.  My love for her runs deep (as all you mommies out there know) as do my frustrations that comes with this age!  But I wouldn't trade this time for anything.  She's a blessing. And when she sings, "Glory to His name" at any random time, I feel like I must be doing something right.  Her little heart is already letting God in. 



So with that, I am looking forward.  Forward to this week as we celebrate my Makayla's 3rd birthday.  To all the good things that lie ahead.  Leaving behind our sorrows and looking to a brighter tomorrow.  A tomorrow that God already holds in His hands.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. love reading this, can't believe Makayla will be 3.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!