Monday, May 26, 2014

Three.



I can't believe my baby girl is now three years old!!  But, that she is, in all her glory and I love her so much!  We celebrated her birthday a few days early last week as her actual birthday fell on Saturday and of course, it was memorial weekend. 

We have a family party for her every year..I figure she'll have her little friends at birthday parties once she's bigger, so I cherish the time that we just have with the family now!  This year, when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday party (theme-wise) she was very undecided. She'd tell me something different every time.  I racked my brain on what to do when the song came into my mind, "These are a few of my favorite things".

And thus her party theme was born.

I incorporated all of her 'favorite things' into her party in decorations on her cake.  Everything else was a neutral (if you want to call it that!) rainbow colored chevron theme!  Oh it was so pretty..and it went with everything.  That was the whole idea.  I didn't want to do all purple (Sophia the First) or all pink and white (hello last years Minnie Mouse party).  I bought cake decorations at Hobby Lobby and Walmart of the characters she's currently liking, including a Sophia the First dollar pin at Walmart that I just taped to a toothpick and stuck in the cake!  Everything was so cute though..and so her.

 
I bought chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby for her backdrop I have come accustomed to making every year for her party.  I cut out her name and age in some hot pink felt and just stuck it on with double sided tape.  The banner was 97 cents at Wal-mart!

 


Of course, my three year old cries at the drop of the hat over pretty much everything.   So having a good cry at her party was just something we had to roll with!  If your wondering, she was playing with her paw paw right before we blew the candle out on her cake, and dancing while he beats on her toy drum was MUCH more fun than having a birthday celebration!

 
After a good half hour of tears she got into the swing of things and had a great time with everyone!  Lots of cake and presents is enough to put anyone in a good mood!
 
 
I usually get the best pictures after her party is over with, and this year was no different!  I'll leave y'all with some of my favorites.  Oh and how cute is her dress?!  I made it!!
 








Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable, what a fun party! I can't believe how big he's getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Mel ... It is amazing how fast does three years go by :) she is a little lady now :) May the Lord bless her and keep her :)
    Love
    Val

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!