But my mind has also been on Mother's Day. Next month, after Easter passes, the stores will be gearing up for Mother's Day. This day has defiantly taken on a new meaning, as I'm now a mother myself. It holds special meaning in my heart and I truly look forward to it each year, because its a day appreciation is shown to mothers everywhere, myself included.
But it shouldn't be this way.
We should show our appreciation each and every day. Not just to mother's out there, but to all the father's, to those we hold dear in our hearts, and especially, to Jesus for dying for us.
This is a little snippet that's went through my head today..for all you moms and wives out there....
- Don't worry about the house, I'll make sure its clean.
- Don't worry about the dinner, it'll be on the table each day for dinner time.
- And I might even try a new recipe sometime, in hopes of making dinner a little more special.
- I'll keep the house looking nice, whether making homemade curtains, blankets for the little ones God blessed us with, or shopping for something new (at a decent price, of course).
- And don't worry about the money side of things, I'll be frugal when I shop, looking for clearance items first before ever paying full price.
- Don't worry about those dirty dishes, I'll get them cleaned up.
- Don't worry about the kids, I'll be sure to keep them clothed and cleaned each day..brushing their hair and teeth and reading them stories, even when I'm trying to do something myself and have to put it down for a few minutes.
- And I'll teach them about God..whether its through Bible stories or doing crafts with them..I WILL make it a priority for my children to know who God is.
- Don't worry about the weeds in the flower bed (of course, that may be more of a worry for me than you), I'll tend to those as well.
- The dirty clothes will be taken care of, I'll do that also.
Just don't forget to show your appreciation every now and then....