Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Secrets We Keep

You know, every individual has their own secrets.  I am no exception to the cause.  Please bear with me as this is a difficult post for me to type without going too far....

Don't ever think that you know a person and how their life has always been.  Unless you are that person.  I've had so many people tell me, "Oh, your life sounds like its just been perfect..your so lucky". 

Really?

My life has never been perfect.  Sure, I've been more fortunate than some.  I've not had to live on the streets.  I wasn't beaten as a child.  I never went hungry. 

But I have endured roads that I never thought, even now, that I should have had to of crossed in my life.  And I know I'll cross more in the future.  How did I endure?

With God.

Even though I hadn't accepted Jesus into my life and heart until the age of 15, God was with me in my earlier years when I went through many trying obstacles.  And yes, I went through a lot when I was younger.  I'm not talking the loss of a pet goldfish either.  Bigger things.  MUCH bigger.

Now that I am a parent myself, I fear for my child and am overprotective.  But I don't care if I am that parent who shadows over their child and gets talked about.  I don't ever want my child to endure something that she feels she couldn't come to me and talk to me about.  I never want her to stumble into a depression of overeating and end up overweight like I did. 

I always want her to know the truth.  I want her to know God's truth.  God's laws.  What is right and what is wrong.  God didn't give us laws to be mean, He gave us laws to protect us.   There will always be people who think that you can live any way you want to and its all ok because God loves everyone. 

They are right about one thing, God does love everyone.

But you can't live any old way you want to and think it'll be ok.  If that were true, then there would be no need for us to ask for salvation because everyone would be headed to heaven. 

Thats not what this is about though.  I admit, I've been guilty of reading other bloggers sites and thinking, "...boy so-and-so really has it made".  We all have had our battles and have them now.  Some worse than others.  Just don't judge a book by its cover, because you don't know the whole truth until you've read whats inside.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the people saying to me or thinking that I must of had the perfect life. Like you said noone knows just exactly what each of us has been through and yep I have overcome alot of obstacles in my life because of God Himself and I look to the future He has for me. I loved this post girl thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!