Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Have you done a 'RAK' lately?

As you all know by now, I've been trying to start up some random acts of kindness (RAK) here in 'blogger-world' as well as my 'real' life!  While I felt my first attempt was sucessful, I also was bombarded very shortly afterwards by a barage of sicknesses!

Isn't that just like Satan?  You try to do something good and he tries to tear you down!

Well..its not stopping me by any means.  I know this is something that God has placed on my heart for a reason..and I'm going to continue on.  :-) 

I was wondering if any of you have done anything lately as a random act of kindness?  Perhaps you've called someone "just because", cooked a meal for someone in need, said a prayer, sent a card, babysat for a busy mom, or even something as simple as smiled at a stranger.  I'd LOVE to hear about it!!

I received a wonderful blessing in the mail yesterday!  My best friend suprised me with a card and note as a random act of kindness..and she informed me she's also sending me a gift in the mail..from Shutterfly!!



Gotta love Shutterfly!!

Needless to say, I'm super excited AND feeling even more blessed!  No..gifts aren't everything, but it is nice when you do receive a small gift 'just because'.  I count myself lucky to have the friends I have in my life now.  I have a wonderful best friend and a host of awesome blogger friends I've made since I started this blog almost 2 years ago.  I may not have everything in the whole wide world that I'd like to have, but I do have many, many things I'm so thankful for. 

:-)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. How sweet of your friend! Sometimes those things come at such good times, you know?

    Melanie, did I send you anything for Makayla after she was born? Because if I didn't, I had full intentions on sending you a little gift! I honestly can't remember now, but I was cleaning out my closet and found a little outfit that I bought for Miss Makayla way back when. What size is she in now? It's 6-9 months, so she might be too big for it now. :-/ If she'll still fit in it I'll send it right away! I can't believe I forgot . . . I hope I remembered to send you something, but if not, I'm so sorry! I was determined to send you a little gift because I thought it was so sweet of you to send Wyatt something. Anyway . . . let me know. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!