Thursday, March 1, 2012

Looking for the sunshine...

Ahh..what a week it has been around here.  It has not been an easy one by any means, but it could be alot worse (I pray it doesn't get worse!).  Makayla and me are about over our colds..she's been a trooper and is 99% there I would say.  I'm better today than I have been since the weekend!!  I thank God for that!!

On Monday, I went and had some moles removed.  I had planned on doing a 'reveal' post on this (because I was super excited to see the after results..well..I still am)..but yesterday I started having some trouble.  I don't remember if I mentioned it or if I did..if any of you remember, but when I had my c-section..the tape that was used for the first day or so to hold the incision tight..when they removed it I had a terrible reaction/burn left from it and had to use some prescription strength cream to get it healed up.  Well..you can guess what happened to me after my little surgery on monday.  I didn't think it would happen again (he used bandaids to cover the steri-strips)..but it did.  Probably not as worse as the first time, mind you, but bad enough.  At first I thought I had an infection..but after further inspection I guessed that wasn't the case since it was localized to the area that had been bandaged.  So now I look like I've got poison ivy basically (I'm allergic to that too in case your wondering!) on my neck and chest.  Big red welps and itchy bumps. 

Exactly what I hadn't planned.

So you might say right now, after this week, I'm looking for the sunshine.  I know its right around the corner.  I know people go through bad spells, and right now this is just one I'm having to go through.  I see the blessing that my baby isn't sick anymore.  And I also see the blessing that Damon is working this weekend, something his mines hasn't done since before Christmas.  That gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, a layoff might not be in our near future.  And I also can see the joy in Makayla's face as I type this, as she's sitting beside of me in her high chair playing with what we call her 'merry go round'.  Each time she spins it she sticks her legs straight out and her arms out to the side...like she's flying or something.  Its so hilarious!

And thats the sunshine I need right now.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. A sweet little one can always provide a ray of sunshine. :) Glad she's feeling so much better. I sure hope your reaction to the band aids goes away soon. I have a friend who is allergic to latex and I know she is just miserable when she comes into contact with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a time!! I hope things start looking up for you soon!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for the email too...I will be checking that out!! Hope you get some sunshine this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!