Monday, March 19, 2012

Our "Green" Weekend!

Saturday was St. Paddy's Day as you all know..and we definately had a nice day on one of my family's favorite holidays!!  We all donned our green attire (so as to not be pinched!)..had a big irish feast that consisted of corned beef, cabbage, and carrots done in the slow cooker, mashed potatoes w/green onions,  irish soda bread, and deviled eggs that were colored green for the festive day!!  Got the cute idea from pinterest, of course!!  All you do is after you cook your eggs and half them and seperate the yolks from the whites, you dunk the egg whites in a bowl of water tinted w/whatever food coloring you want them to do (in this case, green) for about an hour.  Then presto!!  You have a lovely shade of festive eggs!!

My 1st St. Patrick's Day..yayyy!!

Enjoying a sucker from the neighbor

Me and my sweet Makayla

The Green family..in more ways than one!

Jake stopped by for the photo shoot

Had to take advantage of the nice day!

She picked her first flower!!

We also saw a big double rainbow while at my parent's that afternoon!!!!  I wish so BAD I had my camera but had left it at home..darn!!  My dad did take some pictures of it though..so maybe I'll get ot show it off in a later post.  Sunday was spent going to church and enjoying the day..watching the NASCAR race on tv..going outside and for wagon rides.  We heard the BEST sermon by our wonderful pastor sunday morning..it was one I think alot needed to hear about how we sometimes go thru the valley's in life but to always look to God no matter what.  Very inspiring!!! 

Hope you had a blessed weekend..I know we did!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think the dress was a popular one...another friend had it for her daughter too! But it was fun seeing them all in it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!