Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12 = 34!

At least for me, it does!!

In case you haven't figured it out yet..today is my birthday..and I am all of 34 years of age.

Gosh..how did I get to be in my 'almost' mid-thirties already? Wasn't I just crusin' through my 20's? 

Time flies folks, don't let life pass you by!

2012


2011--first as a mommy!

2010--around 16 weeks pregnant!


Way back in 2007..and in our 'old' place before we moved!

My big '30'..it snowed!!

All in all..I love "the 30's".  I feel more established as a person, as a Christian, as a wife, and now even as a mommy.  I'm past that 'I know it all stage' and more of a 'been there done that' stage and a little more laid back too...at least I think I am!  Basically, I take life as it comes!

I was looking up the meaning of 12/12/12 because as you all know..every year its been something or another with the 'dates' since 2000.  Like 7/7/07 (the 'lucky in loves') and I think the Chinese lucky number is 8..so 8/8/08 was a big deal for them.  And lets not even talk about 6/6/06.

Apparently though, it holds alot of 'meanings'.  None of which I buy into, mind you, but I just find it interesting that my birthdate happened to fall on one of these rare dates.  Everything from good fortune, significant planetary positioning over the pyramids (say that one five times fast!), the end of times according to the Mayan calendar, and I'm sure alot of other..well..hogwash basically. 

Nobody knows when the end of times shall be.  Not even the angels in heaven. 

But this post isn't about the end of times or when the planets are going to align up a certain way!  Today is my birthday..and I'm celebrating another year of life that God has given me.  I feel blessed.  Truely.  As I mentioned in the previous post on monday, this year has been a rough one.  In a lot of ways.  But God has brought us through. 

Good time for a celebration, don't you think?!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Melanie, and what a fun date for it to fall on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Friend! I hope that you have the most wonderful day celebrating a beautiful life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to my Best Friend! Here's to many more birthday's to come and many more shared times as best friends! Love ya lots girl and hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!