Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!



Well its officially here!  I hope all my followers of "Country Roads" has a very Merry Christmas.  I can honestly say this is my favorite time of the year.  Not because of presents and all that..but because #1 its when we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ..regardless if December 25th was really the day He was born..its the day we've set aside to remember His birth.  And also #2..because I love being with my family..making precious memories..and having our quiet time by the tree.

I've got alot to be thankful for this Christmas.  Seems more fitting to say what we're thankful for on Thanksgiving..but each Christmas I'm reminded how thankful I am for things as well.  Like the fact that Jesus was even born.  Just think how hopeless this life would be if He had never been born.  If He never came to this earth..we wouldn't have had the hope of eternal salvation.  What a blessing it is that He was born to a virgin..Mary!  I'm also thankful for my precious family God has given me.  I prayed for a long time for a good husband..and after many years God granted me that blessing in Damon.  I thank God every day that he is in my life.  We have a sweet life together.  Last year, after many years of never thinking I ever wanted a child of my own..I was blessed with my daughter, Makayla.  I am so thankful that God put the desire in my heart (on Christmas of 2010) to want to have a child and that He saw fit to make me a  mother the following year.  My life is totally complete with her..I can't imagine how we ever managed to get along without her!

I'm also thankful for all my dear friends (you know who you are)..sometimes I don't know how I'd manage without my wonderful friends!!  The followers of "Country Roads"..you are my friends as well..I've come to know many of you personally (as I have come to know you through your blogs)..and it makes me ever more thankful that I started this blog.  If I hadn't..I would have never met many of you! 

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas with your families..whereever you may be celebrating whether its at home, relatives, a cabin in the woods, or under an umbrella at the beach..I hope that God's peace and hope fills your heart this Christmas.

And always.


Photobucket

1 comment:

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!