Monday, January 16, 2012

Staying Positive

Sometimes it can really be hard to stay positive in this world..especially when trials come our way.  Over the weekend, we learned Damon's job site is on a 60 day notice to shut down.  We're still not 100% sure what has happened..but it had caught everyone in our community by suprise.  There were layoffs at other mines as well and some others also have 60 day notices.

But the one thing I do know is this..prayer changes things.

If things can go from really good to seeminlgy bad in a heartbeat like they did the other day..it can go right back the other way too.  I'm very optimistic that things will be turned around soon.  I know that no matter what, God is watching out for us and either way..He'll provide for us.  He did in the past when we faced a layoff for months, a mere 2 weeks after buying our home no less. 

I'm so thankful I serve not only a saving and caring God..but one who takes care of His children too.

:-D

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Having been raised around mining communities, I know what this is like. But you are absolutely correct...situations can turn on a dime and I sure do hope you get good news soon regarding his job situation. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that the Lord will provide for Damon's job situation!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!