Monday, January 23, 2012

Walking by Faith

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."  2nd Corinthians 5:7

I know many of you have probably read and heard this particular scripture preached on many many times.  But do we really take it for what it means?

Case in point, with the outlook in our area with coal mining jobs as of late..with a number of people getting layed off and other mines posting 60 day notices to close (as is the case w/Damons job site)..I've heard people over and over (to the point I'm literally sick of hearing it) say this phrase:

"Boy..things sure don't look good..do they?"

While that is true..where is the faith behind a statement like that?  And why on earth would you say such a sad thing to someone who may possibly be facing losing their job? 

We've had MANY people say this to us in the past week..and at first I didn't think a whole lot about it.  Until yesterday..when once again..we were told this for the hundreth time.  In church, no less. 

Do we really have and show our faith when troubled times arise????

This is something to think on, I believe.

While yes..at first I was upset at learning the news of the job situations around us..after it set in..I didn't worry about it anymore.  And I refuse to in the future.  Why?

Phil. 4:19  "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
2 Chron. 20:17  "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle:  set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem:  fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you."

Now granted the second scripture was intended for Judah and Jerusalem..but I believe the Bible is meant for us all.  God fights our battles for us..He expects us to have faith that He can take care of us..no matter the situation.  He's there for us..reguardless.  And yes..while it is possible we may have to face Damon not having a job for a little whie..its also possible that he WON'T lose his job either and that things will be turned around before then. 

Either way..God will be taking care of us.

:-)))))))

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you are looking at this situation, Melanie! And I'll still be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!