- A childs smile
- A strangers kind action or words
- Getting a card
- Someone saying 'thank you'
- A hug
- Someone speaking before thinking and thus feelings getting hurt
- Forgetting to give a small gift that would have meant more than a big gift
- A stranger being rude
- Making someone feel inadequate by a few small words spoken
- Brushing off a loved one because your 'too busy'
"Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."
When you read the Bible and all the many scriptures that reference the tounge..its amazing. To me anyways. Something that small can really make a huge difference. In both good and bad ways. All the more reason to be careful when we speak..to speak out of love and not bitterness. To speak to uplift..not bring down.
Its the little things we both say AND do that can make a big difference in someone else's life.
Think about it this way. The last time you were at the mall or a store..you can probably remember the person who held open the door for you. Out of ALL the people who you saw that day (probably hundreds)..that one person stuck out the most..because they showed you a random act of kindness. You can also probably remember the last time you had a rude waiter or waitress at a restaurant..or when you received bad service at any particular place. Out of all the times you've been out doing something..that one person/situation sticks out amongst ALL the other times.
I hope in the year 2012 I can do more to stick out..in all the good ways.