Friday, January 11, 2013

Cooking, pioneer style!

I mentioned earlier in the week I'd been cooking alot of new recipes.  And boy, have I!  For Christmas, I got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook and it was probably my favorite and most used gift thus far! 


Already I've made...

DSC_0202



(And this recipe replaced my own tried and true recipe I'd used for years!)

TPW_9000

TPW_6603

Mushroom Swiss Sliders

REE_5050
(note: this one is life changing!)

All but the iced coffee recipes were new for me.  I discovered the iced coffee back in the summer.  I can't even remember the date. But it changed my life!  I have it every single morning now.  And to cut back on fat, I use fat free half and half and fat free sweetened condensed milk.  Hey, ya gotta cut corners where you can, right?!  Anyways, all of the above recipes are AWESOME.  The pizza crust is my new pizza crust go-to recipe.  It was just that good.  And I have plenty more recipes I can't wait to try. 

That fried chicken taco sounds pretty good about right now.

If you haven't tried any of her recipes, I suggest you RUN to her website and find one to try.  NOW!  Or go buy the book, that way its always laying around, just waiting to inspire your weekly menu.  

Have you tried any new and/or exciting recipes lately?

All photos are by Ree Drummond, except for the Cauliflower Soup recipe, which was taken myself. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I just used her recipe for the sauce she puts on meat loaf and the family loved it! :) I didn't use her meat loaf recipe because I already had meat loaves wrapped and in the freezer and I just thawed one of those, but we wanted to try a different sauce than I normally use. The only change I'll make is that I'll cut down on the amount of sugar next time. It was a bit too sweet for me, but she even mentioned that you might want to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!