Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This & That

Pardon me for being all over the place in this post!  Just wanted to talk about a little bit of this and a little bit of that today....

  • I've so been loving skirts lately.  Maxi skirts, to be particular.  It all started with the one I made a couple months ago.  $1.25 for a homemade skirt..not too shabby!!  However, I've not been on the sewing 'kick' I was a couple months ago.  I have ran across some really cute and albeit, not as cheap as I made my original one for, still reasonably priced!!  Anyways..this isn't about cost..its about comfort.  Boy..are they comfy!!  I wore my newest find all day on sunday..just couldn't bring myself to change into pants or capris after we came home from church sunday morning!

  • Did you know you can make your own brown sugar AND its super easy?!  I was in the middle of making a homemade strawberry rhubarb crisp several days ago and was a little short on the brown sugar.  So I googled it and sure enough you can make it!  1 tablespoon of molasses to 1 cup regular white sugar..mix it really well and voila'! 
  • Speaking of the strawberry rhubarb crisp..I made mine with fresh strawberries (since they are in season right now) and used rhubarb that we had froze last summer!  Damon reminded me we had a big bag of it in the freezer..I had totally forgot!  Sure am glad he reminded me!  So if you grow your own rhubarb but don't get to use it all when it gets ripe..cut it up and put it in some freezer bags!


  • Totally addicted to groopdealz (though I've probably mentioned it before a time or two!)!  Last week I got in the scarf that I had ordered..love it!!


  • And lastly, the laundry room is done.  Well..sort of.  I should say the painting part is done.  I finally got hinges that WORK..so now its just a matter of getting Damon to drill some holes for all the new hardware..and getting everything put up!  But I do plan on doing a post once its all complete!  We've just been busy soaking up the sunshine and nice weather before getting it all the way done!  Here in WV..springtime weather doesn't last long.  Ask anyone who's ever lived here.  We get a few good weeks of spring weather (aka breezy, 70's, no humidity) and then summer comes with a full vengeance (aka 95 scorching degrees, 95% humidity, no breeze, and pure 'yuckiness', in my opinion!).  Here's to hoping this weather sticks around for a while!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Cute scarf, and maxi skirts are so comfy! I want to get more this year. Also, strawberry rhubarb crisp sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!