Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My "mark"

I don't think I ever explained my little 'mark' to  y'all on the blog..so I figured it was long past due.

"What on earth is she talking about?", your all probably asking yourselves right about now.

Ever since I could remember, I had a mole right smack dab in the middle of my chest.  Lovely spot for such a thing to grow.  V-neck shirts and basically any kind of shirt with 'style' (save for a tshirt, of course) was always sure to accent that darn mole.  I always wanted to hide it, but as the years went on, I figured there wasn't much I could do but live with it.

And that I did.

I had many moles removed over the years, but that one always remained.  Until about 7-8 months after I had Makayla, that is.

While I was pregnant, my 'mark' started looking...different.  I read that the hormones associated with pregnancy can do that to moles, and to be extra digilent if any really takes a 'turn' on you.  Mine just looked..different..strange..odd, if you will.  So when I delievered Makayla and while was still in the hospital, one of the nurses even commented on it.



"Did it start looking different once you became pregnant?  ....followed by "..you should probably have it checked out.". 

My mind was actually already made up before I had said conversation with said nurse.  I just didn't like the way the 'mark' was looking.  But then, I was breastfeeding, and I didn't want anything to complicate that..so I held off for 7-8 months..when she wasn't taking in as much from me.

I was still scared.  I was more scared they'd put me on some sort of medication (why I don't know) and I wouldn't be able to breastfeed anymore.  Any mom who breastfeeds exclusively knows what I'm talking about.  Your afraid of the little things of derailing your 'flow'. 

Ok that sounded weird. 

So I went in and I had the 'mark' removed.  It wasn't as bad as I thought..and I didn't have to take any medication. 

But low and behold, I was left with another 'mark'!



Have you ever wondered when I post pictures of myself on here..they are usually from a certain point..up?  Sometimes I can't get away with it..but trust me..if I can..I do my best to hide the 'mark'.  I've looked into special creams for keloids (the name of the type of scar I now have) but I hesistate to fork out $50 for something I don't know will work.  I've used Mederma, Scar Zone, and all those otc scar creams.  They don't make a difference in its appearance one way or another.  I heard you can have a scar 'scraped' recently.  That was a new one.  But wouldn't you still be left with the same thing?  Something I'll have to ask a doctor if I ever look into doing something about it.

When we have insurance again, that is.  ;-)

Anyone out there ever dealt with an ugly scar after a surgerical procedure?  Tips/recommendations??  I'd love to hear from you!!  Oh and fyi..the doctor warned me before he removed my mole..that it would leave a scar..just because of where it was located..its an area more proned to scar more easily.  I had one removed from my head and neck at the same time and you couldn't tell either was ever there now.  So I guess he was right.

And on a side note..I find it oddly funny that I was absolutely crazy about this show when it was on several years ago...still wish they'd bring it back...



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I so wish the would bring "The Mole" back! I used to have a ismilar mole like that on my back, but they removed it when I was young because we were afraid it would get caught on something while I was playing and just tear off - yikes! Wish I could help on the scar question, but I've got nothing. I still have my scar on my back.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!