Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Hope y'all are wearing your green today!!  We just LOVE this holiday in this household (maybe its because our last name is Green!?!).  I have all my St. Patrick's Day decorations up..placemats included..and I'm 'hoping' a non-maternity top I have picked out will still fit this 29 week preggo belly because its the only thing thats got some green in it that looks like it might fit!  Anywho..on the menu today is one of our FAVORITES..corned beef in the slow cooker!  YUMMO!  We just love it and I'm going to throw in some potatoes for good measure as well.  Along with some sauteed cabbage and some rolls it should be quite the meal!  Oh and remember that pistachio pudding cake I mentioned the other day?  I made it on tuesday and it is yummy!  The thing I like most about it is that it stays so moist..even days after its been made.  Would be extra good if you had some cool whip (tinted green, perhaps?) to go along with it!  In case you'd like to try it out sometime..here is the recipe below!  Oh and even though I've not tried doing this..this cake should be one that could be made into many different flavors (depending on what your in the mood for)..just swap out the pisachio pudding mix for your favorite!  You get the idea!  Onto the recipe......

Pistachio Pudding Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) package instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (I leave this out b/c I don't like almond flavoring)
7 drops green food coloring

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 10 inch tube (bundt) cake pan.  Mix together the cake mix and pudding mix.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.  Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.  Let cool, then turn out onto a plate.  Enjoy!

I'll leave you with a favorite Irish saying we have hanging in our house....

The Irish Way
Always remember to forget
those troubles that pass away.
But never forget to remember
the blessings that visit each day.

sig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!