Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sometimes we just need a little Psalms...

As I was praying tonight and reflecting on the goings-on of this past week, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.  Its been a stressful week..to some maybe not..but to me it has been in more ways than one.  Maybe its a combo of being pregnant and all the hormones that are out of 'whack' in my system..but I was just beginning to feel like things had become unraveled all around me.  Not in a life threatening way, but you know how everyday life can get one down at times.  I started to cry and cried out to God to help me..to give me or show me some sort of peace.  And then I felt led to turn to Psalm 34 where I read this passage..which brought me to even more tears because it was exactly what I was needing to see.

verse 17 ~ The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
verse 18 ~ The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite (crushed) spirit.
verse 19 ~ Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

So simple, yet so powerful.  Thats what I love about God's word.  :-)

sig.png

2 comments:

  1. I love that Psalm - I've read it many times when I'm going through a hard time. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! God is so good and so faithful to hear us when we cry out
    to Him...His word is filled with such wonderful promises and we know
    girl that He will never leave or forsake us...that just as He said He will deliver us out of our time of troubles and mend our broken hearts all we have to do is believe
    and have faith in our Lord. Praise God for He is love and truth to us
    all.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!