Sunday, August 15, 2010

National Relaxation Day!

Did you guys know that today is National Relaxation Day?!?  I say, lets take full advantage (since it is a holiday and all) and spend our sunday in total relaxation!  Sundays are typically my day of rest anyways and I look forward to it by time saturday afternoon rolls around each week! 

Did you know that the word "rest" is mentioned approximately 380 times in the Bible (KJV)?  Amazing!  Some of my favorite scriptures containing rest are...

Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Psalm 116:7  "Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee."

So what do you like to do to rest..unwind..relax?  Sunday naps are top of my list..even though I don't always get one in every sunday..they are the BEST for some reason.  Sort of like eating ice cream in the summer compared to the winter..it just tastes better!  I also like to read..whether it be a magazine or whatever is around..nothing seems to relax me like reading does.  A nice Lifetime movie does the trick too!  Swinging on a hammock is a great way to unwind as well..feels like floating on a cloud! 

Look forward to hearing how you spent your day of relaxation!  I'm ready to unwind myself................


sig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!