Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MTFW--Damon ~aka~ Hubby!

Hey yall'!  This is Damon here..Mel's hubby for any who havent figured it out yet!  Guess she is having a meet the family week here on her blog..she sure does spend alot of time working on it I can say that!  Anyways..guess yall might want to know a little more about me, huh? 

First and foremost..I love the Lord and reading his word.  In fact..even me and Ravey have read some together if you can believe that!

I love my wife..she is everything to me and I love being with her.  She can always make me laugh and is a great cook!!!


I'm a coalminer for those of you who don't yet know.  I've worked in the mines since right before me and Mel were married.  I do love it too.  I love being underground working..even though I'm not underground right now..I hope to be again soon.  Currently..I work outside as a 'tracker' as they are called.  I keep account of everyone who is underground working to make sure they are safe where they are headed to.  Also have several other outside duties that I tend to each night.  Yes..I said night.  I work hootowl shift as we call it..so I'm up all night and sleep during the day!  Thats why me and Mel have such an odd sleep schedule..when I'm working at night..she's taking care of the house and doing her 'thing'!  Its not an unusal thing for me to give her a call around 2 or 3 am just to say "I love you"! 


(Me underground with some of my old work buddies..thats me on the far right)

I have a daughter, Beth, who I also love dearly.  I wish I could get to see her more..she lives in Cincinnati at the moment and is in college and working as a counselor with teenaged boys.  I'm so proud of her I could bust at times..she's made alot of herself and it excites me to see her reaching for her goals in life and not letting anything come in her way!


I love to garden in my spare time.  My dad raised me around gardens growing up and its kind of a passion of mine.  My dad taught me alot in life and I only wish he was still here with us so he could see my life now and my family.  I know he'd be proud.  :-)

Well..thats about it for me..hope I wasnt too boring to get to know!  Enjoy Mel's blog for the rest of the week..she sure does enjoy meeting you guys and hearing what you have to say!


sig.png

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to meet you Damon! I just recently stumbled upon Melanie's blog - and I really enjoy it! I'm a native West Virginian.. so I guess I feel like I'm not so far from home when I get to read her blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!