- Whip up a makeshift funnel in a pinch--Use a craft knife and cut off and discard 2 inches from the bottom of an empty plastic liter bottle. Then put the mouth of the container on the opening of the oil tank (this tip is for anyone changing their vehicle's oil at home) and pour in the oil.
- Rid your home of fruit flies--Fill an empty liter bottle halfway with apple cider vinegar and add two drops of dish soap. Cover the mouth of the bottle with plastic wrap, secure with a rubber band and use a needle to poke several holes in the wrap. Place the bottle in a discreet area of the kitchen. The scent of the vinegar will attract the fruit flies, while the miniscule holes in the plastic will allow the pests to enter the bottle-but not exit.
- Ensure home projects are perfectly level--If you can't find your trusty level, fill a plastic liter bottle about 3/4 of the way full with water, then screw on the cap and lay the bottle on its side. Ta-da! When the water is level, so is the shelf.
- Create a kid-friendly paint palette--Give each of your kids their own custom color trays next time they have a paint project. To do: cut the bottoms off plastic liter soda bottles (one for each child). Then fill the four divots in each base with paint colors of their choice. The indentations are deep enough to seperate the paints, ensuring less mess.
- Chill a cooler without using ice cubes (my favorite tip!)--The night before your picnic, fill a few plastic liter bottles 3/4 of the way full with water, then freeze. The contained ice will keep the cooler's contents cold without leaking into (and ruining) your lunch. Bonus: Once it melts, you'll have refreshing water to drink!!!
Friday, June 11, 2010
A few helpful tips..
Happy Friday everyone! Everyone ready for a relaxing weekend? Before you head out for the weekend, I thought everyone might enjoy a few helpful tips using..plastic liter bottles! I read this article last night in one of my favorite magazines, First for Women, and thought 'how brilliant' after reading it! I'm a total magazine junkie btw..but thats a post for another time! I'm not going to post all the tips that were in the magazine..but the ones I thought were the most interesting! Anyways...onto the tips!