Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kindred Connection Party--Movie Edition!

Windy Poplars

Time for another party at Kristin's place!!  Hope I don't disappoint in this one as I'm not into movies as much as the rest of the world (or so it seems to me anyways!).  Hop on over to the party if you haven't already! 

1. What was your favorite movie as a child?

Would have to be The Wizard of Oz for sure!  I remember my mom telling me how she'd watch it when she was a kid..and how her grandmother watched it as well (with her I'm assuming..no tvs back in THOSE days!)..and that just thrilled me knowing that!


2. If you could live in any movie as your fictional world, which one would it be?

Hmmm..probably Hope Floats but not the circumstances that surrounds the movie (aka..humiliating divorce..death in family..etc..etc!)..but I just LOVE the small town feel and the laid backness (is that a word?) associated w/the movie!  Looks like a place I feel I would fit right into!

3. Have you ever seen a midnight showing, or hosted a movie release party? Tell us about it!

Nope I've never had the opportunity.  I would love, however, to go to a drive-in theatre..I've never experienced that before and it just looks like it would be so neat!
4. What movie release are you most looking forward to this year?

Well we have set a record this year so far and seen 2 movies (both animated (kiddie) flicks), Shrek and Marmaduke..so we're doing exceptional this year thus far!  I havent really seen anything advertised thats really "caught my eye"..but Valentines Day is one I've been wanting to see..so maybe I'll rent it now that its out on dvd!
5. Are you a theatre goer, renter, or wait-and-buyer?

We rent more than any of the above..so I'd have to go w/that..but we do love actually going out to the movies!  Its something different to do for a change and is just a nice experience!



sig.png

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel! Thanks for participating in the Kindred Connection this week :-) Oh, and btw, I like the word laid-backness! Sorry to hear about your glasses. That's nothing compared to what mine have been through over the years: just a couple of mishaps were them getting chewed up by a dog (not my dog), and my hubby sitting on them. I have a sad history w/ glasses :-( Hope you're having a great day so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!