Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Munchies

Good morning everyone!!  Hope yall had a nice weekend!  Thought I'd share with you a recipe I sort of "invented" last week and it turned out divine!!!  Its really a no-brainer type recipe..nothing complicated and GREAT for the summer months!  I was out shopping at my local Kroger's..looking to purchase some vanilla wafers for the banana pudding I was going to make for my step-daughter's arrival Memorial Day Weekend and found *gasp*, lemon wafers!!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  Had never seen them before and made a mental note to self..make some sort of lemonish pudding using those in the near future!  So last week I was in the mood for something lemon-y (I LOVE lemon stuff, btw) and created this..I call it "lemon cheesecake pudding"..YUMO! 



1 (8 oz) carton Cool Whip
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar (approximately)
1 large box cook and serve lemon pudding, prepared according to package directions and cooled
1 box lemon wafers

In a bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.  Fold in 3/4 of the cool whip until all is combined.  In a trifle bowl, or any large bowl, layer lemon wafers, cooled lemon pudding, and cream cheese/cool whip mixture.  I made 2 layers total.  Top with remaining reserved cool whip and top with crushed lemon wafers.  Store in the refrigerator.  Enjoy!

sig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for stopping by!